May 30, 2013

Vermont, Peter, and 12 Other Beautiful Things. . .or Agatha Does Burlington


You've been expecting this haven't you? Come on now, confess! I've been to Niagara Falls (U.S. and Canada), NYC, and PA but I've never been to New England. It's been on my "bucket list" for quite some time. Add an opportunity to meet with friends and the number one guy on my "A" list----heck yes!

Peter was running in the KeyBank Marathon in Burlington, Vermont. So the president of PWFC decided to ask if some of us would like to go and cheer Peter on. This was a no-brainer to many Wingers. Did we want to go??  Bwa-ha-ha-ha! So twelve of us (probably more--I really didn't take an official count) converged upon the picturesque college town of Burlington, Vermont on Memorial Day weekend.

We amused ourselves with a trip to Ben and Jerry's on Saturday afternoon then a movie night loaded with popcorn, cupcakes, and chocolate and featuring our mutually favorite guy. Spates of giggling ensued as we watched episodes from Holby City and Noah's Ark---both BBC productions not easily obtained here in the US.

Sunday morning we headed for the Hilton to meet up with Peter  before he started his run. There was coffee, bagels, muffins, and conversation. Then it was time for Peter to get ready.


 
 
We saw him off with a cheer then went back inside out of the drizzling rain to wait.  Peter tweeted as he ran while we waited for him to near the finish line. When he tweeted he was close we headed down close to the finish line. We didn't have to wait that long. The man moves! But we still  managed to catch a bit of video, a couple of pictures, and, of course, give him a big thumbs up  when he appeared.
On to the finish line!
Photograph courtesy of Kim Young
 

Peter after the run
Photograph courtesy of Kim Young
 

 
It was a fantastic trip, fast as it was. I  wish I could have stayed another day and taken the ferry with some of the other Wingers. Peter is as warm and generous as I thought he would be. We all had dinner together later that evening at the Daily Planet in downtown Burlington. I didn't take my camera with me so I don't have photographs to share. I just wanted to enjoy the company, hear some stories, and maybe tell one of my own. It was a wonderful evening.
 
Peter Wingfield, Sunday Night at the Daily Planet
Photograph courtesy of Kim Young
 


Yes, I like this man. And the 12 Other Beautiful Things? Oh, the beautiful ladies of the Wingers Cheerleading Squad. You know who you  are. . . Hugs to all of you! We shall meet up again in Manchester in 2014. . . and I know we're going to have fun!!

written by Agatha Silverdragon

All photographs, except where noted, by Agatha Silverdragon. Please do not use without permission---just ask, it's simple. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means, speak up!